It’s that time of year again where we all jump on the scale, see the damage we have done during the holidays and resolve to jump on a treadmill and lose the weight. We have goals to write more, blog more, eat less, play more and dream more. We have all these things we want to do with a fresh new 2013 and remembering this time last year when the same was true. What have you accomplished for 2012? What dreams were realized?
Since we are health-focused, I wanted to start by throwing out some resolutions you could try this year (or at least this WEEK):
- Resolve to stop taking the elevator and escalators. Walk more. Park further away. Try to incorporate more steps into your day. If you need something to help motivate you, consider a Fitbit or a another tracking device. I have tried a couple, and Fitbit my favorite!
- Decide to hug more. Seriously. Take extra time to give extra hugs and kind words to those in your family.
- Try to eat a rainbow of color every single day. Reds, greens, yellows… this will ensure you eat less processed foods with little nutritional value and more GOOD foods.
- Hate to say it, but lose the weight. Find your ideal body weight and aim to get there. It will make a huge difference on your health. Your blood pressure and cholesterol will more than likely correct itself.
- Sleep better. What I mean is try to get to sleep at a reasonable time, turn off the TV and the iPhone and sleep.
- Last but not least. Wonder without googling. Try to think instead of using a search engine for your brain.
And yes. I am preaching to myself. Happy 2013!